Welcome to Teragon Audio, provider of audio plugins, utilities, and guides for those looking to develop their own audio software. This is the development blog, if you are looking for the official website please visit http://www.teragonaudio.com.

More MrsWatson progress, little by little

Fixed a ton more warnings in MrsWatson and actually attempted to fix some real bugs today! Inspired by a pull request I received, I changed the plugin chain so that each plugin has its own separate buffer for writing to. This should hopefully fix a lot of the problems which arise from channel count mismatches -- such as feeding a mono file to a 16-output effect plugin.

I felt a bit bad about re-writing the original pull request, since I consider it quite an honor to get a pull request from someone who cares enough about your project to fix bugs in it. However the original pull request had a few big problems, namely that it removed several unrelated tests in LinkedList (for reasons which were not entirely clear to me) and also that it was failing the test suite (the original author claimed it passed on his machine, I can believe that since I was testing on a different platform).

The author had planned to rewrite and resubmit the patch; instead I took his idea and made a much smaller patch. I've pinged him for feedback on the patch, let's hope that it fixes the bug and nobody's feelings are hurt. :)

Picking up MrsWatson again

After a loooong break, I've started working on MrsWatson again, since the bug reports are starting to pile up and I've actually got some real pull requests coming in. My last attempt at MrsWatson hacking was quite frustrating, trying to port audiofile to Windows and rip out all the AIFF/WAVE code, which is still something that has to be done.

Anyways, I've started a bit more modestly this time, mostly by fixing a ton of inspections in AppCode, compiler warnings, and various TODOs. The code now compiles without any warnings on Linux, and a few "perhaps unfixable" warnings in Mac that need to be considered.

Release day!

As promised, I finally got around to polishing up and releasing all the plugins I've been working on during the holidays. Specifically, ChaosChimp, NotNotchFilter, and ExtraNotes all got updates pushed. I'm holding back on HiLoFilter because I'm still not happy about the clicking noise which happens around the dead zone.

Anyways, here are some screenshots from the final versions of all plugins. Click on the thumbnails to see a full-sized screenshot:

BeatCounter 2.1

ChaosChimp 1.0.0

ExtraNotes 3.0.0 (text editor view)

ExtraNotes 3.0.0 (image editor view)

NotNotchFilter 2.0.0

BeatCounter 2.1 released!

The first of many plugin releases was completed today, I pushed out a zipfile with BeatCounter 2.1. Grab it from the product page, however keep in mind that the CDN takes awhile to propagate files, so mind the filename when unzipping to see that output folder has the correct version.